Real Estate Sales Training Topics – Learn how to use the Life Balance Wheel to help train real estate agents on how to improve their life balance by focusing on the most important aspects of their lives.
We cover so many real estate sales training topics on our blog. But this one is easily one of the most important. Life balance is extremely important in order to not only be a successful Realtor, but to enjoy your life. Today I am going to share a tool that you can use to improve your life balance. And, you can download this tool for FREE — so, keep reading.
VIDEO: Real Estate Sales Training Topics – Life Balance
What would you sacrifice to be “successful”?
We have all seen the social media posts. Realtors “bragging” about staying up all night and burning the candle at both ends. Realtors working weekends and never taking vacations. Real estate agents that propagate the image that their life is all about work. There are two major reasons why this is bad for your business.
- It makes other people feel bad. Other people may feel inadequate. They may see your post and think, wow, I’m not doing enough, or I will never be able to work hard enough to feel successful. They probably won’t choose you to be their Realtor because no one wants to be reminded that they are a “slacker” because they work a 9-5 job.
- It just isn’t healthy! When you aren’t balanced in life, your health will suffer. Honestly, do you really want to be that Realtor? Even if you are successful, are you taking time to take care of yourself, your family, and enjoy your life? If your health suffers, you work will eventually suffer. So, it is in your best interest to keep your work/life balance in check.
Leadership and life balance
While we’re talking real estate sales training topics, another popular training topic is leadership. And at ICC, we coach many of the team leaders from the top real estate teams across the country. A lot of these leaders come to us with life balance issues. Their health is bad. Their marriage is falling apart. They can’t get a break.
If their your balance is out of whack, you can’t properly lead your team — it’s just not doable. Poor life balance in a leader creates poor leadership.
If you have a stressful home life and become a workaholic that can only find joy in work, you will start to feel your work deteriorating. You will take your stressors out on your team members. How you choose to run your life will overflow into how you run your business.
Conversely, if you do have good life balance and you are actively putting in work to continuously improve in all areas of your life, you will have the bandwidth for solid leadership. You will operate as a calm and compassionate leader that will attract good people to your team.
Real estate sales training topics: how to get in balance
Here’s a great tool that will help you with life balance. The Life Balance Wheel, as shown in the video of this blog, contains 8 “spokes”. These spokes represent facets of your life. Spirituality, health, work, social, development, recreation, family, life-planning … each of these areas need to be constantly improved.
As you look through these Life Balance Wheel sections, you can mentally check in with yourself. Which areas need the most work? Are you growing in these areas? Are you stagnant? What can you put in your business plan to encourage growth?
FREE DOWNLOAD: Life Balance Wheel
In return for subscribing, we’ll give you a FREE download of the Life Balance Wheel, directly to your email.
Real estate team training topics: put life balance in your business plan
You should devote a small portion of your business plan to your life balance goals. Of course, on your 1-3-5 business plan you will have business-related goals. Don’t neglect to add your personal life goals, as well. You can use the Life Balance Wheel as reference to help get your brain thinking in the right direction.
When you sit down and look at your goals once a week, you will become motivated. You will be able to visualize exactly what you want, and you will be reminded of what you need to do to achieve your goals. If you want the results enough, it will make the tough activities more palatable.
Homework: using the Life Balance Wheel
Go through the Life Balance Wheel and rank each section. On a scale of 1-10, how is each of these areas in your life? Starting with the lowest ranking sections, write down some of the things you could do to improve the number to get closer to 10. Then, include those items in your 1-3-5 business plan. If you’re a team leader, have each member of your team do this and then meet with them about it!
Create tiny, incremental steps and tiny, incremental changes that will, over time, create a big lifestyle change. If you continuously improve, it happens slowly — then suddenly. The incremental steps get you started. Once you see the results, your activities become easier and more purposeful. When it comes to real estate sales training topics, this is how you get results.
Want to learn more?
- Read The High-Performing Real Estate Team. You can buy Brian Icenhower’s best-selling book on Amazon.
- Subscribe to The Real Estate Trainer Podcast. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, and anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Join the Real Estate Agent Round Table. We are always posting fresh content, including market updates, free templates, and host dynamic discussions with the industry’s top producers.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. In the sidebar of this blog, you’ll see a form to fill out to subscribe. You’ll be the first to find out about our new resources, free downloads, premium online courses, as well as promotions.
- Reach out and talk to an ICC coach. Not sure which of our coaching programs is right for you? Let us help you.