Use these buyer lead scripts for Realtors to convert more home buyers into clients with our buyer lead sheet form.
In this virtual mastermind, we are going to cover some helpful buyer lead scripts. These scripts are designed to help Realtors convert more buyers to clients by using a lead sheet form. In this low-inventory market, tools like this will help add more buyers to your pipeline.
VIDEO: Buyer Lead Scripts for Realtors
Focus on what you CAN control in a low-inventory market
The most glaring problem in a hot market is that there is simply not enough listings. We need more inventory! What typically happens is that agents become consumed with this problem. Agents start to embrace this low-inventory problem as an excuse not to work. This is what low-producers think — it is not the mentality of a high-producing real estate agent.
In a sellers’ market, get more buyers
You cannot control whether inventory hits the market or not. What can you control? You can control your buyers. If you had ten active buyers right now instead of three, for example, the likelihood that you would be writing an offer for them on a house this week is actually pretty high. You increase the odds that there will be inventory for at least one of them. In the meantime, you’ll write more offers if you have more buyers. Top producers know that when you are in a low-inventory market, you don’t worry about the inventory. It’s out of your control. You concentrate on your buyer pipeline. Using these buyer lead scripts, you will be able to convert more of your leads to buyers.
Prepare for the coming wave of listings
Yes, inventory is low right now, but come late-spring and summer, a wave of listings will hit the market. This always happens! And if you have ten active buyers you are working with when this wave hits — you are in a great position. Now you will put a lot of clients under contract.
Buyer lead scripts
When you are calling your sphere of influence (SOI), check in, see how they are doing. That’s it. I don’t really care what you say, so long as you are checking in and staying first of mind. With COVID and everything else going on, just a friendly “hello” can go a long way to making a positive impression on your SOI.
When you do this, you will get people that say, “You know what — we actually were thinking about buying a new house.” When this happens, what do you do? Let’s dive into some buyer lead scripts that will help you convert your leads to buyers. These methods and buyer lead scripts will work for any kind of lead that you may have, not just SOI leads.
Buyer Questionnaire and Lead Sheet
This lead sheet guides you through a “script” because it prompts you on all the questions you need to ask. It provides you with a series of questions, laid out in a particular order, to get you through any objections they may have and get them to eventually agree to setting an appointment with you. We are including this buyer lead script for you as an example in the image below.
Buyer lead scripts: questions to ask
Here are the questions that we included in our buyer lead scripts via the Buyer Questionnaire & Lead Sheet above.
- Have any other agents shown you homes?
- If yes, do you have a signed agency agreement?
- Are you renting, or do you own a home?
- Do you need to sell your home before you buy?
- Have you signed a listing agreement to sell your home?
- What date do you want to be moved by?
- Are there any negatives to not moving by then?
- Tell me all the benefits of buying a new home.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rank your motivation to move? With 10 meaning you must buy as quickly as possible, and 1 meaning you’re not sure you’ll really buy anything.
- What’s missing? What would it take to make you a 10?
- Do you know where you want to move to?
- Will you be paying cash or getting a mortgage?
- Have you been pre-approved by a lender?
- How much will your down payment be?
- What price range are you looking in?
- How many bedrooms, baths, size, stories, etc.?
- What else are you looking for in a home?
- Will anyone else be involved in your home buying decision?
- “Thank you! I’d love to help you find your perfect home. All that we need to do is to set an appointment so that I can help you find the home you’re looking for. Does 4:30 tomorrow or 5:00 Wednesday work for you?”
LPMAMA: Qualifying questions
So, let’s say you don’t have your Buyer Questionnaire & Lead Sheet handy. You are talking to a buyer lead. What buyer lead script can you easily memorize so you never feel unprepared? Enter, LPMAMA.
L – Location – Where do you want to buy?
P – Price – What price range are you looking in?
M – Motivation – What is your motivation for buying a home?
A – Agent – Are you working with another agent?
M – Mortgage – Are you paying cash or getting a mortgage? Are you pre-approved?
A – Appointment – Move to setting an appointment.
In a nutshell, this is the topics around the questions that we need to ask. You’ll notice that these same topics are covered in the Buyer Questionnaire & Lead Sheet. If you can remember “LPMAMA,” you can have a buyer lead script memorized by simply remembering the topics to cover with the lead.
Take good notes as you move through your buyer lead sheet
Remember to take notes and write down the buyers’ answers so that you can keep this helpful information. By the time you get to the end of these buyer lead scripts, you will know everything you need to know to represent this buyer!
Check out our latest posts:
- Open House Scripts For Agents – When Homes Are Selling Too Fast To Hold Them
- Realtor Time Management – Daily & Weekly Schedules
- Real Estate Scripts for Sellers to Increase Motivation and Urgency
- How to Generate Leads in Real Estate with an SOI Contact Plan
- Realtor Scripts for Sellers to Set Listing Appointments