Use these real estate scripts for sellers who want to wait until later to list their home for sale.
Today’s mastermind is all about real estate scripts for sellers and how to handle their objections to selling right now. With the COVID-19 pandemic, the upcoming election, and holidays just around the corner, a lot of sellers want to wait. As their Realtor, you must equip yourself with scripts and strategies to get them thinking the right way. You must help your sellers make the right decision for their own financial benefit.
VIDEO: Real Estate Scripts for Sellers That Want to Wait to List Their Home for Sale
“Who do you know?” script
One great way to reach out to your sphere of influence is to check in and ask if they might know anyone who is looking to sell their house right now. A lot of people are simply unaware that the market is red hot. And by striking up this conversation with your SOI, you are educating them, and you’re getting them to talk to their friends, too. We are in a housing crisis right now. This biggest one we have probably had since the Great Depression. We need more listings!
“If you put a house up for sale right now, you are going to get the most bang for your buck.” It will sell, and it will likely sell for over the listing price. With such low interest rates and low inventory on the market, you are going to be able to drive the price up. You can use these real estate talking points within your scripts for your sellers to get them to seriously consider the benefit of selling right now.
Real estate scripts and talking points for sellers
If you are talking to a seller who is holding back and waiting for “a better time to sell,” one of the points you will want to educate them on is supply and demand. Here are a few other facts you can drop.
- Supply determines the market. Right now, supply is low. This is creating a hot market. Even when demand takes a hit, it will never be as low as supply is right now.
- Waiting until next Spring is a financial mistake. Right now is the best time to sell your house. It has never been safer to assume that you will get an above-market price. In real estate, you will need to develop scripts for sellers who want to wait — and you must come from the angle of “I’m in your corner as your financial advisor, and we need to move quickly.” Remind your seller that so many things can change before next Spring. We have an election. We’re in the middle of an unpredictable pandemic. We don’t know what the future may hold for us — so now is the time to sell.
- Use buzzwords. When a seller has a decision to make, using key words and phrases will help slowly steer them toward the right decision that is in their own best interest. Let’s talk more about that.
How to use buzzwords / keywords in your real estate scripts for sellers
As I just mentioned, using certain key words and phrases can help get your seller to come to the right decision. Right now, a lot of people want to wait until after COVID settles down, or wait until after the election — or even until after the holidays. Here are a few examples of scripts that use buzzwords / keywords (highlighted in bold) that will help guide your conversation.
Right now is the safest time to list your house for sale in the last 80 years. It’s never been safer and more sure that you’ll get a good price — above market.
Listing your house right now is the safe, conservative choice. If you try to wait until April, that seems like a huge dice-roll. We are not recommending that to our clients.
My job is to look out for your finances and your best interest. I want you to make the best, safest choice for your future. I don’t want you to risk waiting if it will mean that you could potentially lose money.
More conversation starters and objection handlers
“Is your home going to fit your needs for the next five years?” You are getting your seller to describe what they don’t like about their current home. And this could translate to a conversation about finding them a house that fits their needs better.
“How has your neighborhood been during quarantine?” Questions like this that ask about their current happiness with the location of their home can get them thinking about perhaps moving to a more desirable place. Unlock their motivations — maybe having kids at home all the time is going to be easier if they live closer to the neighborhood park.
“Winter buyers are much more serious.” Typically, there are less buyers looking to buy in the winter months. That means, they are usually more serious — because otherwise they would wait until the Spring/Summer months when there is more supply on the market. This is a great reason to sell now.
“The interest rates right now increase your buying power.” This is huge. For any seller that is also looking to buy, there has never been a better environment.
For more great objection handlers and real estate scripts for sellers, make sure to watch the mastermind video in this blog. And be sure to join our Facebook group, Real Estate Agent Round Table, to discuss how you’re handling seller objections and learn from like-minded Realtors, too.
Check out our latest posts:
- Real Estate Scripts for Sellers That Want to Wait to List Their Home
- Real Estate Team Leadership Training
- Lead Buyers Agent Job Description
- Download this Free Virtual Listing Presentation Template for Realtors and Up Your Game
- How Realtors Can Get a Contingent Offer to Purchase a Home Accepted for Their Clients