Learn how top producing real estate agents retarget ads on Facebook to reach both geographic farm and sphere of influence databases.
Today we have a quick and simple video to help you learn how to retarget Facebook ads. Specifically, we will be working on retargeting these ads to your sphere of influence (SOI) or geographic farm. Watch the tutorial video below for a step by step guide on creating effective ads targeting your SOI or neighborhood.
VIDEO: How to Retarget Facebook Ads to Your SOI or Neighborhood for Real Estate Agents
How to create a Facebook ad to retarget your SOI or neighborhood
Here is a quick step-by-step guide based on the video in this blog. Please note that Facebook is constantly updating and changing. Things may look a little different when you are working on your Facebook retarget ads. Most of the key steps should look similar, so be sure to follow along and take your own notes.
First, create your audience
- Go to Facebook Ads Manager.
- Choose your marketing objective. For this example, we chose “Lead Generation.”
- Choose “Create New Audience.” For this example, we want to run an ad to a specific list of people. We will be running a Facebook ad to retarget these people!
- Choose “Create New” and “Custom Audience.”
- From “Sources” chose “Customer List.” If you have a CSV file of people in your geographic farm, or a CSV of your sphere of influence (SOI).
- Click “No” when asked “Does your list include a column for customer value?”
- Upload your CSV file and name your audience.
Next, set budget and upload media
- Set your budget.
- Create your ad. You will need to select and upload the media that you want displayed in your ad. You will also be adding in the descriptive text that you would like displayed.
- Include a form here to collect information from users.
- Click on the various display options to see how your Facebook retarget ad displays on different devices and on different parts of Facebook.
- The last option on this page is to set up tracking for your ad.
Need more help?
While setting up Facebook retarget ads is a relatively simple process, we know it can be intimidating. ICC clients can always reach out to their ICC Coach for additional support in learning how to use this social media feature. And if you aren’t already an ICC client, get a free consultation today and see if ICC is a good fit for helping your business reach its goals!
Additionally, ICC has an online course that can help you navigate the world of Facebook ads. Check out our Facebook Retargeting Ads for Real Estate Agents course.
Check out our latest posts:
- The Best Real Estate Books for Agents and Teams
- Real Estate Agent Performance Review Form Template
- How to Hire a Real Estate Virtual Assistant: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Geographic Farming Scripts and Ideas for Real Estate Agents
- Real Estate Scripts for Divorce – Converting & Marketing to Divorced Couples