Learn the job description of listing specialists on real estate teams and how listing specialists are compensated and work with administrative listing managers to provide better customer service to clients while increasing team production. First, mega-agent Claudia Restrepo of Miami, Florida, who sells more than 300 homes a year, explains the responsibilities and job descriptions of listing specialists on her team in this video.
Listing Specialist (Sales Agent) – Job Description
- Prospect and conduct outbound lead generation activities for new listing appointments.
- Quickly respond and convert inbound listing leads into appointments (ie.- sign calls & internet leads).
- Track all outbound & inbound lead generation activities: from leads-contacts-appointments-contracts.
- Prepare/Analyze Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) before all listing presentation appointments.
- Conduct all listing appointments and convert appointments to listing agreements.
- Conduct price reduction appointments as needed.
- Communicate and work with administrative listing manager regularly to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Present and negotiate all offers to purchase with clients and agents representing buyers until acceptance.
Listing Manager (Administrative) – Job Description
- Oversee all aspects of sellers transactions from initial contact to executed purchase agreement.
- Prepare all listing materials: pre-listing presentation, Listing Agreement, sellers’ disclosures, comparative market analysis, pull online property profile, research old multiple listing service (MLS) listings and etc.
- Consult & coordinate with sellers on all property photos, staging, repairs, cleaning, signage, lockbox, access requirements & marketing activities.
- Obtain all necessary signatures on listing agreement, disclosures and other necessary documentation.
- Coordinate showings & obtain feedback.
- Provide proactive weekly feedback to sellers regarding all showings and marketing activities.
- Coordinate all public open houses and broker open houses.
- Input all listing information into MLS and marketing websites and update as needed.
- Submit all necessary documentation to office broker for file compliance.
- Input all necessary information into client database and transaction management systems.
Compensation of Listing Specialists & Managers
Listing specialists are typically compensated on a commission basis to provide incentive to generate appointments, convert appointments to listing agreements, and turn listings into accepted contracts. The amount of commission often varies depending on whether the team uses an inside sales agent (ISA) to convert leads into appointments for the listing specialist. When an ISA is employed, listing specialists typically receive around 30% to 35% of the listing side commission. When the listing specialist generates appointments without an ISA, the commission split is often between 40% and 45%. Administrative listing managers are typically compensated on an hourly basis and may also receive bonuses when listings are placed under contract or closed.
Lead Follow Up Scripts & Methods
Ways to Grow a Real Estate COI Quickly
Inside Sales Agents on Real Estate Teams
REALTOR Database Contact Plans & Scripts
Realtor Vendor Databases: Scripts & Lists to Build Them
The One Page Real Estate Business Plan
A Real Estate Administrative Assistant’s Job Description
FSBO Prospecting Scripts & Objection Handlers
Previewing Property to Get More Listings
Lead Generation Scripts for Administrative Assistants
Open House Scripts to Generate New Listings
Real Estate Prospecting: Client Database Scripts
Scripts for Building Referral Networks from Business Relationships
Scripts for Buyers: How to Show Less Homes
Agent Websites that Generate Real Estate Leads
Just Listed & Just Sold Real Estate Scripts
What to Say When Calling FSBO Sellers for Listings
Managing & Compensating Buyers Agents on Real Estate Teams
Easy Ways to Ask Your Clients for Referrals
The 5 Ways to Mirror & Match Client Behavior
When & How Realtors Should Make their First Administrative Hire
Top Producing Realtor Prospecting Scripts
The 3 Primary Duties of a Top Producing Realtor
Scripts for Overcoming Listing Presentation Objections
When Should I Start a Real Estate Team?