Make the Most of Your Open House with These Tips
Open Houses provide a great opportunity to generate more leads, especially seller leads. However, we want to ensure that when you host an Open House, you are maximizing your opportunities, and sell your listing as quickly as possible.
In this post, we will talk about our Downloadable Open House Checklist System, which will provide a step-by-step checklist to ensure every Open House is the best it can be.
Watch the Open House Checklist System Video for More
Get Your Open House Checklist System
We’re offering our open house checklist system for free! Download it now.
Start Prepping Early
Ideally, you should start preparing for your Open House at least one week prior. Additionally, you should host your Open House within the first 1-2 weeks from the time your listing hits the market.
Here are the initial steps to preparing for the Open House:
- Facebook posts
- Flyers and Brochures
- A minimum of 20 signs
In regards to the signs, taking the extra time to design them properly can make a huge difference.
Most signs have large arrows and the words “Open House!” without much space left for the Realtor’s name.
At ICC, we recommend reversing the font sizes: 1) make your name the biggest, with the arrow below your name, and the words “Open House” in between the two. By using this format, you promote the name and the brand of your agency more than the Open House itself, which will generate more leads in the short- and long-term.
Unless your listing is in an area that restricts real estate signs, don’t be shy about how many signs you place around the home for your Open House.
With 20 signs (minimum), you can place several of them around a 1-2 block radius of your listing, which will ensure that the neighbors, their friends, and prospective clients who are driving around the neighborhood see your name and the Open House signs.
Once the home is sold, a savvy real estate agent will inform the neighborhood (ideally through direct mail) that the home was sold by them, which will generate even more brand/realtor recognition.
In addition to your sign placement, Open Houses are a great way to utilize your social media channels to generate buzz as well. Show your followers the home as you do your initial walkthrough, show people walking through the home during the Open House, and make sure everyone can see how well you can host an Open House!
Spread the Love!
Share our latest content, products, and webinars with your social networks!
- How to Use Real Estate Pocket Listings in Low Inventory Markets
- Pre-Listing and Buyer Consultation Video Scripts for Realtors
- Transaction Coordinator Checklist PDF – Free Download
- Creating and Optimizing Your Facebook Page for Realtors
- Real Estate Recruiting Scripts – Conducting the Appointment
- Real Estate Lead Generation with Auto Email Prospecting Searches
- Realtor Listing Checklist – FREE Template!
- Open House Scripts For Agents – When Homes Are Selling Too Fast To Hold Them
- Realtor Time Management – Daily & Weekly Schedules
- Real Estate Scripts for Sellers to Increase Motivation and Urgency
- How to Generate Leads in Real Estate with an SOI Contact Plan
- Realtor Scripts for Sellers to Set Listing Appointments
- 2021 Real Estate Market Forecast
- Buyer Lead Scripts for Realtors
- Google Reviews for Realtors – How to Get Them Quickly