Use this real estate performance review template to conduct regular evaluations of both agent and administrative staff performance.
Every real estate team needs a good performance review template. Anyone in a leadership role on the real estate team knows the importance of regular reviews. Today we are going to talk about how to use the Self-Performance Appraisal Form to conduct your annual reviews. And, at the end, you’ll get to download the template for free!
VIDEO: Real Estate Performance Review Template
Annual real estate performance review
At the end of the year, it can be intimidating to sit down and try to remember everything that happened that year. It’s a lot. You want this review to be valuable for you, but also for your team member. By using a Self-Performance Appraisal Form, you are engaging the agent or administrative staff member in their own review. You are also allowing them to help you recall everything they accomplished over the past year. And, you are giving them an opportunity to reveal their struggles as well.
Give your people their Self-Performance Appraisal Form a week or so prior to your sit-down review. This will give them some time to provide thoughtful answers to the questions on the review form. They are able to do this on their own, and put as much time into it as they need to without the pressure of you sitting there waiting for them to finish.
We’ll outline the timeline more explicitly below so you can know how the entire process should look.
Real Estate Performance Review Timeline
- Provide your agents and administrative staff members with the Self-Performance Appraisal Form. Give them at least a week to complete the form and return it to you. Assign a due date that is up to a week prior to your scheduled review.
- Receive and review the forms you get back from your people. Take some time to read through them and write your own notes on them.
- Review time! At your scheduled time, bring the form (with your notes on it) to each review. Walk through each question together, their responses, and address any notes and thoughts you have added.
Questions to ask
Here is the list of questions we include in our Self-Performance Appraisal Form (which you can download for free at the end of this blog!)
- What have been my major achievements/contributions in this appraisal period?
- What have been my major frustrations over this appraisal period?
- Have there been any obstacles that interfered with my performance and meeting my objectives?
- What effect has my working here had on the business, customer service, and teamwork during this appraisal period?
- What new tasks/duties did I take charge of in this appraisal period?
- How do I feel about my current position in terms of challenge and opportunities to grow and contribute?
- What was the best training/seminar/conference/coaching session I attended within this appraisal period? What skills did I pick up and implement from the training?
- Did I meet the goals I set for myself for this appraisal period?
- What are the areas in which I need the most improvement?
- What are my short term (next year) career goals?
- How can the team help me reach my goals?
- What other topics should be covered in my upcoming appraisal discussion?
FREE DOWNLOAD: Self-Performance Appraisal Form
When it comes time to do your annual agent reviews, having a real estate performance review template is key. Today we are providing you with a free download of the template we use. Simply click the link below to access your free download.
Check out our latest posts:
- Custom Real Estate Training with Accountability Tracking and Reporting Built-In
- Home Buyer Script – Why the Price You Pay Doesn’t Matter!
- Bring In-Person Real Estate Training Back to Your Office
- Realtor Scripts for Sellers Waiting to List
- Specially Made Branded Real Estate Training Platform: The Custom Training Suite