Learn how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays by providing them with value and keeping them focused on being intentional despite the distractions of the season.
In this week’s blog, we’re talking about how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays.
Spoiler alert: What you do in December and early January will set you up for success in 2024.
VIDEO: How to Keep Real Estate Agents Productive During the Holidays
How to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays
We are in a uniquely challenging time. It’s incredibly easy to get distracted during this season.
We have an unprecedented amount of “distractors” hitting us right now. So many “shiny objects” taking people off target. This happens every year, in part because of the seasonality of our business. It’s not uncommon. We’ve been in the coaching business for over three decades and every year, my phone calls start increasing in late November and early December.
Huge decisions are being made. There’s drama, divorce, separation … a lot of pain and suffering and uncomfortable changes happening.
But in addition to all the usual stuff, this year has some extra distractors for us. The sales volume is very low. There are worries about the NAR lawsuit. People want to move brokerages. So many abnormal distractors.
Never has it been more important to focus on your business and learn how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays.
This leadership real estate coaching program is designed for any leadership position within a real estate team or brokerage. Sales managers, productivity coaches, education chair, etc. Build skills on how to lead others, keep an organization motivated and accountable and become an influential person within your organization.
The Executive Team Real Estate Coaching Program is designed for a high functioning larger team. These team leaders will build their influence, structure their brokerage systems and growth, recruit, lead internal divisions to operate at a high level and leverage their time. Opportunities to add ancillary services to build wealth.
How to keep real estate agents productive: be intentional
How do you lead your people to be intentional?
The default setting for so many of us, including our agents, is to be unintentional in the month of December. You’re going to hear a lot of this:
- I need a break. This year has been crazy.
- I need to focus on business planning this month.
- Business has been slow but exhausting. I need to take all of December and January off. This will help me reboot and recharge.
If you don’t have a 2023 that you were pleased with (which I think would be most of us in the real estate industry), what should you be doing as 2023 comes to a close to make 2024 better?
We want you to make more money and spend more time with your families. This is one of our overarching goals as a real estate coaching company.
How we start the race has everything to do with how we finish it.
Ways to be intentional and how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays
Here are some top tips on how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays from our ICC coaches.
- If you’re going to take time off, erase and replace. Move your tasks to the days leading up and the days following, so you can take days off guilt free. The tasks are still getting done.
- Evaluate your business relationships. Are the people you do business with bringing value to your business? Or are you giving them referrals with little in return?
- Revisit your vision. Does it still excite and inspire you?
- Have a coach or an outside resource offer training and motivation to your team. Bring in someone else! Sometimes it takes a push from someone other than you to get your agents refocused on their goals.
- Focus on one thing at a time. Agents can get overwhelmed easily, especially with everything going on in December. Remind them that it isn’t one big thing they need to do, but rather small things they need to regularly do. If it’s too hard to take on too much right now, focus on one thing and make that a habit.
- Give them resources for outside issues. You aren’t a marriage counselor, an accountant, or a lawyer. In fact, you are busy running your own business. If your agents are struggling with personal issues, help them find the help they need. This is super valuable. And you’ll get the credit with helping them, even if indirectly.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Group Call Session Guide: how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays
This resource is a great way to keep your agents engaged. And if you’re looking for how to keep real estate agents productive during the holidays, you can enhance your company culture at the same time. Subscribe below and download the free Group Call Session Guide.