To stand on top of the competitive world of real estate, you’ve got to deliver on the listing presentation.
When the market is good, you don’t necessarily need someone skilled in real estate to get a property sold. The truth comes out in a market turn-down. The people who really know how to land clients are the ones who thrive and survive.
That starts with the listing presentation. Let’s break down the three-step process behind winning presentations.
The point of a listing presentation
The goal of a listing presentation is to convert that person to a client. To do that, you’ve got to inspire confidence in the seller. Start by prequalifying the seller before the appointment. Send them information about what you do to sell homes and the market. Reassure them their home can sell, no matter what the market conditions or price point. Be armed with strategies that prove you know how to make that happen.
What not to do in a listing presentation
During the presentation, it’s tempting to focus on educating the client. We do want to provide value and information to our clients, but not every client needs that same background information.
Ask the prospect lots of questions. Get to know more than their selling needs. What’s their history in real estate? How has it gone before?
Don’t talk over the client. Really listen to what they have to say.
Most importantly, don’t take a cut on commission to win business. Your services are worth every dime, and you’ll prove it when you list their house.
The real estate agent that takes the most listings is the one who will cultivate longevity in our industry. Master the listing presentation and build a strong business.
Other Blogs You Might Enjoy
- How To Flip Houses At a High Level: Brock Thomas & Brian Icenhower Talk Systems & Leadership
- Guaranteed Offer Real Estate Program: Take Our Online Course and Up Your Game
- Real Estate Team Budget – Free Sample Template
- Real Estate Team Leader Training: ICC Client Patrick Higgins Shares How He Learned to Lead, Leverage, & Let Go
- Expired Listings Phone Numbers & Email Addresses
- Real Estate Success Stories: ICC Client Hal Sousa’s Inspirational Journey, with Brian Icenhower
- Real Estate Negotiation Strategy – The Negotiation Blueprint
- Real Estate Team Leadership: Brian Icenhower & Eric Craig Speak on What Makes a Good Leader
- The 10 Real Estate Negotiation Tactics Agents Must Learn
- Negotiation Strategies for Realtors Using DISC
- When Should Real Estate Agents Join a Team?
- How Will a Recession Affect the Housing Market in 2022?
- Get More Google Reviews for Real Estate Agents
- How to Use the Mirror Technique in Real Estate Negotiations
- Social Media for Real Estate Agents: Building Your SOI