Use this Realtor business plan 2023 template to help real estate agents focus on activities to increase production throughout the entire year.
Do you have a Realtor business plan for 2023? If you don’t already, it’s not too late. Arguably, it’s never too late to get your business plan in order.
You may be intimidated to get your business plan on paper. There is pressure around building out an effective business plan — we get it. Plus, creating the traditional business plan is time-consuming and rarely effective. You’re more likely to find it under a pile of documents on your desk, or shoved into a folder and forgotten about.
This is NOT the kind of business plan we built.
Once you use our 1-3-5, single-page business plan template, you’ll understand why it is revolutionary. And, we hope you’ll learn to love it so much that you’ll use it every year.
VIDEO: Realtor Business Plan 2023 Template
Realtor business plan 2023: The 1-3-5 Plan
At ICC, we coach many of the highest producing agents, teams, and brokerages across the country. Because we are mostly known for coaching the “heavy hitters,” some don’t realize that we have a wide range of agents that we work with.
I say this so that you know, from the get-go, that ICC has a lot of credibility when it comes to getting business models of all sizes and shapes on track for growth with our revolutionary 1-3-5 business plan.
Today, we are going to teach you about the best Realtor business plan for 2023. We will walk you through the 1-3-5 business plan, and the example we will use is for solo agents.
This content is highly valuable not only for solo agents, but also for anyone who leads agents.
Learn how to use the 1-3-5 Realtor Business Plan 2023
Here is the basic breakdown of how the 1-3-5 Realtor business plan 2023 works.
- 1 big goal on top
- 3 focus areas that support that goal
- 5 objectives that support each of the 3 focus areas
Remember, the objectives you use to fill in your Realtor business plan 2023 should be growth activities that are in direct alignment with your 1 big goal. (More essential tips like this later.)
How to create your Realtor business plan 2023
- Your 1 big goal should be a production goal (units closed, sales volume, or gross commission income). This type of goal is measurable — you can use a number to quantify it.
- Your 3 focus areas (and your subsequent 5 objectives each) should all be directly related to your 1 big goal. Something like “attend a real estate conference” is an example of what not to use as a focus area or objective.
- Ensure that your objectives are not busy work. They need to be business-generating activities. It’s easy to fall into a trap of adding busy-work activities to your 1-3-5, because they are easy to accomplish. One way to ensure you are choosing good items for your 1-3-5 is to ensure that they are all SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound).
- Everything needs to be geared to getting you more business now (over the course of this single year). Not way down the road. This is your plan for one year.
Homework before you begin your Realtor business plan 2023
In order to create a solid Realtor business plan 2023, you should know (and understand) your current numbers.
The ICC Business Tracker is crucial in helping our clients establish a gross commission income (GCI) goal based on the unit count or sales volume needed. This tool helps determine how many leads you need, what the conversion rates are, and gets you really dialed in tight before planning your Realtor business plan 2023.
This is why many clients come to us at ICC. They need a coach to help them get all their numbers dialed in so they can move forward and grow their business the way they want to. And, along with their coach, they also get the systems to back it up, like the ICC Business Tracker.
Once these crucial numbers are determined, you can move forward with your Realtor business plan 2023, and filling out the 1-3-5.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Solo Agent 1-3-5 Business Plan
Today, we are giving subscribers a free copy of our Solo Agent 1-3-5 Business Plan. This PDF is a fillable form, so you will be able to customize your Realtor business plan for 2023. Be sure to watch the video at the beginning of this blog to learn more about how to effectively create your single page business plan.
Want to learn more?
- Read The High-Performing Real Estate Team. You can buy Brian Icenhower’s best-selling book on Amazon.
- Subscribe to The Real Estate Trainer Podcast. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, and anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Join the Real Estate Agent Round Table. We are always posting fresh content — everything from market updates to free templates — and host dynamic discussions with the industry’s top producers.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. In the sidebar of this blog, you’ll see a subscription sign-up form. You’ll be the first to find out about our new resources, free downloads, premium online courses, and the latest promotions.
- Reach out and talk to an ICC coach. Not sure which of our coaching programs is right for you? Let us help you.