Use this real estate team business plan template to help all administrative and sales team members focus on growth activities throughout the year that increase team production and profitability.
Do you need a real estate team business plan template, but feel overwhelmed and don’t know where to start? Well, you’re in the right place.
You may be intimidated to get your team business plan on paper. There is pressure around building out a business plan, and the fact is, most business plans are ineffective. Instead of using it as a reference point for your team throughout the year, you’re more likely to find it forgotten, under a pile of documents on your desk.
This is NOT the kind of real estate team business plan template we built.
Once you use our single-page business plan, or as we call it, “The 1-3-5 Business Plan,” you’ll never look at business planning the same. Not only will you begin to see business planning as essential to your team’s success, but you’ll also see a difference in the amount of growth you can accomplish over the course of a year. We hope you’ll learn to love our 1-3-5 business plan so much that you’ll use it every year.
VIDEO: Real Estate Team Business Plan Template
Real estate team business plan template
The 1-3-5 format is what we coach to all of our coaching clients, who happen to be many of the highest-performing teams across North America. So, we know it works, and we know how it works. We do consider ourselves to be an authority on this topic and the proof is in the pudding!
This real estate team business plan template that we are showing you today can be used for any real estate team. In fact, it really can be used for almost any business. It is very versatile and very effective.
Keep it simple; keep it visible
Once you have created your own 1-3-5 business plan, it is easy to bring it to every team meeting, every leadership meeting, and have it posted around your office for all to see.
This is why we love having it all on one single page! If it’s easy to access and easy to read, it will be easier to accomplish because it doesn’t get bogged down in wordiness or fluff. These are the brass tacks. No busy work, no extraneous thoughts or tasks.
If you can keep it simple enough and follow our guide to creating meaningful goals and objectives, you will find that the team growth you seek will come more quickly.
Learn how to use this real estate team business plan template
Here is the basic breakdown of how this real estate team business plan template works.
- 1 big goal on top
- 3 focus areas that support that goal
- 5 objectives that support each of the 3 focus areas
Remember, the objectives you use to fill in your real estate team business plan template should be growth activities that are in direct alignment with your 1 big goal.
The 1-3-5 format is designed to promote growth. You end up with 15 objectives and that’s a lot. You have the whole year to work on these objectives.
Real estate team business plan template: keep your focus on growth
- Your 1 big goal should be a production goal (units closed, sales volume, or gross commission income). This type of goal is measurable — you can use a number to quantify it.
- Your 3 focus areas (and your subsequent 5 objectives each) should all be directly related to your 1 big goal. Something like “attend a real estate conference” is an example of what not to use as a focus area or objective.
- Ensure that your objectives are not busy work. They need to be business-generating activities. Don’t fall into a trap of adding busy-work activities to your 1-3-5, because they are easy to accomplish. One way to ensure you are choosing good items for your 1-3-5 is to ensure that they are all SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound).
- Everything needs to be geared to getting you more business now (over the course of this single year). Not way down the road. This is your plan for one year.
Your business plan = your team meeting agenda
You should be meeting with your team about your filled-out real estate team business plan template every single week.
If you are the team leader, this means that this business plan will be driving your growth forward. It will keep you ever focused on the objectives that will lead to you accomplishing your 1 big goal.
If you don’t focus your weekly team meeting on your 1-3-5 business plan, you will spend the entire meeting putting out fires. You will be the deal doctor of your team and you will not be moving the team forward.
Growth will disappear if you don’t keep your eyes on the growth objectives that you designate on your real estate team business plan template.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Real Estate Team Business Plan Template
Today, we are giving subscribers a free copy of our Real Estate Team Business Plan Template. This PDF is a fillable form, so you can easily customize it for your team. Be sure to watch the video at the beginning of this blog to learn more about how to effectively create your single page business plan.
Want to learn more?
- Read The High-Performing Real Estate Team. You can buy Brian Icenhower’s best-selling book on Amazon.
- Subscribe to The Real Estate Trainer Podcast. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, and anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Join the Real Estate Agent Round Table. We are always posting fresh content — everything from market updates to free templates — and host dynamic discussions with the industry’s top producers.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. In the sidebar of this blog, you’ll see a subscription sign-up form. You’ll be the first to find out about our new resources, free downloads, premium online courses, and the latest promotions.
- Reach out and talk to an ICC coach. Not sure which of our coaching programs is right for you? Let us help you.