Social media for real estate agents: Learn how to build your sphere of influence using these tips and strategies.
When it comes to social media for real estate agents, you must leverage your reach to build your sphere of influence (SOI). This is the primary goal as you develop your social media channel content.
VIDEO: Social Media for Real Estate Agents: Building Your SOI
Reach more than just your own followers
This is the reason that social media for real estate agents is so powerful. Through proper utilization of your social media channels, you can reach more than just your own followers. You have the ability to also reach the followers of your followers. This allows you to exponentially grow your sphere of influence (SOI) — if you know how to effectively post, tag, and share content.
Social media for real estate agents: use your team members
If you can leverage your team members’ social media presence, you will reach new people. This allows you to build your SOI and grow your numbers through your team members.
Trusted vendor list: a win-win
This is an under-utilized tool that you can use, by way of social media, to grow your SOI. Reach out to vendors in your community. Create a referral relationship with them! By doing so, you are saying that you’ll send them business if they send you business. Compile a “Trusted Vendors” list and share with your SOI in print as well as social media.
On social media, you can simply post and tag your trusted vendors. This will share your post with them, and their followers. So, this simple social media strategy for real estate agents will grow your SOI by getting more eyes on your name.
You are gaining mindshare! And, your trusted vendor relationships will grow. They will send you referral business, too.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Trusted Vendor List template
Today, we are giving you a FREE DOWNLOAD of our Trusted Vendor List template. Edit the colors and fonts to fit your own brand. Add your logo and fill in your trusted vendors, along with their contact information. You can show this to your trusted vendors to demonstrate the value you are providing to them by sending business their way! Print it out, or use the digital version on social media, and provide value to your SOI.
Mindset check: come from contribution
Remember, as you build your trusted vendor list, you need to “give to get.” Always interact by coming from a place of contribution, and maintain that mindset.
Use social media for real estate agents to give their business a boost, and don’t neglect to refer them business. When you do refer business, make a social media post about it! They’ll be twice as excited because not only did you send them business, but you also gave them free marketing.
Social media for real estate agents: community groups on Facebook
Another social media for real estate agents tip: create a community group on Facebook. This is another great (and free) way to use social media in growing your SOI.
There are so many great things about creating a Facebook group for your community.
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Provide value to your community
- Provide a platform for your trusted vendors
- Gain mindshare
- Become known as the “local expert”
Up your social media game
Take our online course!
Master proven systems and strategies on the most important social media channels for Realtors. Learn how to use digital marketing to increase your brand awareness and grow your real estate business. This is the most comprehensive social media course for real estate agents, hands down.
Want to learn more?
- Read The High-Performing Real Estate Team. You can buy Brian Icenhower’s best-selling book on Amazon.
- Subscribe to The Real Estate Trainer Podcast. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, and anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Join the Real Estate Agent Round Table. We are always posting fresh content — everything from market updates to free templates — and host dynamic discussions with the industry’s top producers.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. In the sidebar of this blog, you’ll see a subscription sign-up form. You’ll be the first to find out about our new resources, free downloads, premium online courses, and the latest promotions.
- Reach out and talk to an ICC coach. Not sure which of our coaching programs is right for you? Let us help you.