To stand on top of the competitive world of real estate, you’ve got to deliver on the listing presentation.
When the market is good, you don’t necessarily need someone skilled in real estate to get a property sold. The truth comes out in a market turn-down. The people who really know how to land clients are the ones who thrive and survive.
That starts with the listing presentation. Let’s break down the three-step process behind winning presentations.
The point of a listing presentation
The goal of a listing presentation is to convert that person to a client. To do that, you’ve got to inspire confidence in the seller. Start by prequalifying the seller before the appointment. Send them information about what you do to sell homes and the market. Reassure them their home can sell, no matter what the market conditions or price point. Be armed with strategies that prove you know how to make that happen.
What not to do in a listing presentation
During the presentation, it’s tempting to focus on educating the client. We do want to provide value and information to our clients, but not every client needs that same background information.
Ask the prospect lots of questions. Get to know more than their selling needs. What’s their history in real estate? How has it gone before?
Don’t talk over the client. Really listen to what they have to say.
Most importantly, don’t take a cut on commission to win business. Your services are worth every dime, and you’ll prove it when you list their house.
The real estate agent that takes the most listings is the one who will cultivate longevity in our industry. Master the listing presentation and build a strong business.
Other Blogs You Might Enjoy
- How to Conduct Virtual Listing Presentations for Realtors
- 6 Key Elements to Surviving a Recession in Real Estate
- COVID-19 Disaster Relief Programs for REALTORS
- Listing Homes in Lockdown – The Virtual Listing Process During the COVID-19 Crisis
- A Lead Generation Plan for Realtors During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Selling Shelter in Place With the No 1 Team in San Francisco
- Real Estate Video Conferencing Best Practices
- Realtor Ideas to Help Their Communities During the Coronavirus Crisis
- How Realtors Can Manage Expenses in the Coronavirus Crisis
- How Realtors Conduct Virtual Showings
- The Coronavirus Real Estate Market Shift
- How Realtors Build a Client Pipeline during the Coronavirus Crisis
- How Realtors can Pivot to Shift Practices during the Coronavirus Crisis
- Coronavirus COVID 19’s Impact on the Real Estate Market
- How to Improve Real Estate Agent Attitude & Mindset