Brian Icenhower explains how to recruit Realtors that will actually be held accountable to lead generation activities and produce at higher levels.
This blog will help you learn how to recruit Reators that will actually work and produce.
Recruiting top-performing realtors is crucial for any real estate agency’s success. After all, the real estate industry is highly competitive, and having a team of motivated, skilled professionals can make all the difference. In this blog post, we will delve into the art of recruiting realtors that not only join your team but also excel and produce impressive results. From crafting compelling job descriptions to conducting effective interviews, we will guide you through the entire process.
Be sure to listen to this episode of The Brian Icenhower Podcast and subscribe to the podcast so you never miss an episode!
VIDEO: How to Recruit Realtors That Will Actually Work & Produce!
How to Recruit Realtors: Crafting the Perfect Job Description
The first step in recruiting realtors that work and produce is to create a compelling job description that attracts the right candidates. Your job description serves as the initial point of contact with potential recruits, so make it count.
Clear and Concise Job Title
Start by selecting a job title that accurately represents the role. Use keywords like “real estate agent,” “realtor,” and “sales associate” to optimize for SEO and make the job posting more discoverable online. For example, “Experienced Realtor Wanted: Join Our Dynamic Team!”
Detailed Job Responsibilities
Outline the specific responsibilities and tasks expected from the realtor. Highlight what makes your agency unique and how this role contributes to its success. Use active voice to convey enthusiasm and clarity. For instance, “You will actively prospect for new clients and guide them through the home buying/selling process.”
Requirements and Qualifications
Clearly list the qualifications and skills required for the job. Use phrases like “We are looking for candidates who possess” to make it sound inviting. Include keywords such as “real estate license,” “negotiation skills,” and “market knowledge” to optimize for SEO.
How to Recruit Realtors: Promote Your Job Opening Effectively
Once you have created an enticing job description, the next step is to promote it to reach a broader audience and attract potential realtor candidates.
Utilize Online Job Boards
Take advantage of popular job boards like Indeed, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor to post your job opening. Use SEO-optimized keywords in the job title, description, and tags to increase visibility.
Leverage Social Media
Share your job posting on your agency’s social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Encourage your current team members to share the post within their networks to broaden the reach.
Networking Events and Industry Forums
Attend real estate networking events and participate in industry-specific forums to connect with potential candidates directly. Use your online presence to share your experiences and the opportunities available at your agency.
Quick ViewCompareONLINE COURSES
Learn to grow your real estate business by targeting, connecting with and ultimately closing on the best recruits around. We'll teach you how to find great candidates, qualify them, and say the right thing at the right time to bring them on board.
Designed for all learning types
In-depth professional video training on every module, presented by the author, Brian Icenhower.
Detailed and downloadable written modules with detailed graphics, scripts, spreadsheets, forms, and so much more.
Since real estate agents are always on the move, your training must be too. This course provides a professional downloadable audiobook.
Enrollment includes access to the following course materials for 2 yearsModule 1: Your Unique Value Proposition & Recruiting Targets
- Workbook: Your Unique Value Proposition & Recruiting Targets
- Video: Your Unique Value Proposition
- Graphic: DISC Behavioral Assessment
- Graphic: DISC Profiles
- Commission Comparison Chart Template
- Workbook: The Recruiting Scoreboard
- Video: The Recruiting Scoreboard
- Graphic: The Big 3
- Resource: Sample Weekly Calendar
- Resource: Sample Recruiter Dashboard
- Resource: Recruiting Tools
- Workbook: Recruiting with Technology
- Video: Recruiting with Technology
- Graphic: 10-10-5 Daily Plan
- Workbook: Recruiting Sources
- Video: Recruiting Sources
- Script: Congratulations & Production Report
- Script: Congratulations on Production
- Script: Expanding into Your Area
- Script: New Listing
- Script: Thank You for Cooperating on Buyer Side
- Script: Thank You for Cooperating on Listing Side
- Script: Real Estate School and New Licensees
- Workbook: Setting Recruiting Appointments
- Video: Setting Appointments
- Script: Let’s Talk About Your Production
- Script: Provide a Production Report
- Script: After Closed Transactions #1
- Script: After Closed Transactions #2
- Script: When Recruit is Referred by One of Your Own Agents
- Script: When Recruit is Referred to the Recruiter
- Script: For a New Brokerage or New Recruiter
- Script: Looking to Build Relationships
- Script: Referred by Agent After Transaction
- Script: Students from Real Estate Licensing School
- Script: For Rookie Agents in Their First Year
- Script: For Up-and-Coming Agents
- Script: Increased Market Presence
- Script: Invitation to Class or Training Event
- Script: Invitation to Participate on Agent Panel
- Script: Confirming Recruiting Appointments
- Script: Objection Handler – Not interested in moving companies
- Script: Objection Handlers – I’m too busy #1
- Script: Objection Handlers – I’m too busy #2
- Script: Objection Handlers – Happy with current company
- Script: Objection Handlers – I need to wait until my transactions close
- Script: Objection Handlers – Let me think about it
- Recruiting: Scripts E-book
- Workbook: Conducting Recruiting Appointments
- Podcast Episode 196: Real Estate Recruiting Scripts – Conducting the Appointment
- Video: Conducting Appointments
- Script: The Recruiting Process
- Workbook: Setting Follow-Up Appointments
- Video: Setting Follow-Up Appointments
- Natural DISC Profile Business Generation Tendencies
- Script: Attend a Class or Training Event
- Script: Behavioral Assessment
- Script: Set a Coaching Appointment
- Script: Create a Business Plan
- Workbook: Closing recruits
- Video: Closing Recruits
- Agent Intake Pipeline
- Scripts: Closing and Objection-Handling
- Script: When, Not If
- Script: They Can’t Say No to Their Own Goals
- Script: Delay Causes Resentment
- Script: Commission Split
- Script: You Need Our Systems
- Script: Start Transitioning Ahead of Time
- Script: Can Your Broker Help?
- Script: Prepping the Broker Conversation
- Script: Transferring Current Business
- Workbook: Creating a Growth Environment for Recruiting
- Video: Creating a Growth Environment for Recruiting
- Graphic: Characteristics of a Growth Environment
- Graphic: DISC style identification
- Graphic: SWOT
- Real Estate Office Brokerage Training Monthly Calendar
About this course
- 82 lessons
- 5 hours of video content
Here is what you can expect to gain from taking this online course.
- SCRIPTS for recruiting. Congratulations & Production Report Script, Expanding into Your Area Script, New Listing Script, Thank You for Cooperating on Buyer Side Script, Thank You for Cooperating on Listing Side Script, Real Estate School and New Licensees Script, Objection Handlers, and many more
- RESOURCES to help you recruit effectively. Sample Weekly Calendar, Sample Recruiter Dashboard, Recruiting Tools, Recruiting Scoreboard, Agent Intake Pipeline
- HELPFUL GRAPHICS to illustrate takeaway points and reinforce learning. DISC Behavioral Assessment, DISC Profiles, The Big 5, 10-10-5 Daily Plan, DISC Style Identification, Characteristics of a Growth Environment, SWOT
- OPTIONS for how you learn best. Each module provides a downloadable PDF chapter as well as a featured video of Brian Icenhower, teaching the topic at hand. At the beginning of the course, you are also provided with a full audiobook to listen to. So however you learn best -- we have an option for you!
Certification & Designation Upon Completion
In this ICC online course, you will receive an official designation of "Certified Real Estate Recruiter" or CRER upon completion, as well as a downloadable (and printable) Certificate of Completion. Add your designation seal, as well as your designation letters, to your email signature to bolster your reputation and show off your expertise to clients and colleagues alike.
Reviews"I use ICC systems, the Online Learning Center, and the coaching program to coach and train my team of over 30 agents. I use the ICC dashboard systems to keep my entire team accountable for their activities and set proper expectations." Jake Rockwell Over 500 Units Sold Annually "I have coached with ICC for over five years. ICC has helped me quadruple my luxury business through marketing strategies so that I receive listings and sales through lead generation and multiple pillars of income." Dennis Adelpour Luxury Agent - West Los Angeles "When we started coaching with ICC we worked all the time with some degree of success. Now, seven years later, we have grown to have the #1 market share in our area, we more than tripled our income and production, while also improving our work-life balance to enjoy our personal life with family and friends." Tammi Humphrey #1 Market Share & 100 Million in Annual Sales Volume
I use ICC systems, the Online Learning Center, and the coaching program to coach and train my team of over 30 agents. I use the ICC dashboard systems to keep my entire team accountable for their activities and set proper expectations.
Over 500 Units Sold Annually
I have coached with ICC for over five years. ICC has helped me quadruple my luxury business through marketing strategies so that I receive listings and sales through lead generation and multiple pillars of income.
Luxury Agent - West Los Angeles
When we started coaching with ICC we worked all the time with some degree of success. Now, seven years later, we have grown to have the #1 market share in our area, we more than tripled our income and production, while also improving our work-life balance to enjoy our personal life with family and friends.
#1 Market Share & 100 Million in Annual Sales VolumeInstructor
If your business isn't growing then it's dying.
To attract agents to your real estate team or brokerage, you must evidence your ability to increase their productivity and help them sell more real estate.
In his most important work to date, veteran coach and real estate consultant, Brian Icenhower, shares the systems and strategies he used to build some of the fastest growing real estate companies in the United States.
Recruiting is the single most valuable skillset in real estate and the linchpin of all successful real estate businesses. To exponentially and sustainably increase the net profit of your real estate business, it is essential that you operate a committed and systematic recruitment practice.
From sourcing recruits and recruiting with technology to setting, conducting, and closing recruiting appointments, this exhaustive course provides invaluable insights and practical instruction for creating a production-centric growth environment that attracts agents to your real estate team or brokerage.
With our consultative approach, recruits guide agents to a place where they self-discover that the best way to sell more real estate, become more successful, and increase their net income is by joining your team or company.
We know not everyone learns the same way. For that reason, this course has videos, text modules, and a full audiobook. In addition, the text and audiobook are downloadable so you can keep this information for life, and take it with you wherever you go.
Recruiting for real estate agentsRecruiting is the single most valuable skillset in real estate and the linchpin of all successful real estate businesses. To exponentially and sustainably increase the net profit of your real estate business, this course will help you build and operate a committed and systematic recruitment practice. Add to Cart
Recruiting for Real Estate Agents
More about this real estate training course
Talk to a coachIf you've been considering hiring a coach, now's the time. Book a FREE coaching consultation session with your purchase of this course! Book Your Call See all courses
With the Brokerage / Corporate Real Estate Coaching Program, ICC will help firms set up the most effective and efficient systems for recruiting, agent onboarding, commission & fee structures, agent engagement & retention systems, recruiting, administrative work-flows, transaction management, staff hiring, agent onboarding, productivity training & accountability, financials & budgeting, marketing and much more!
How to Recruit Realtors: Screening and Interviewing Candidates
Now that you have attracted potential candidates, it’s time to screen and interview them effectively to identify the best fit for your agency.
Start by reviewing the resumes of the applicants. Look for candidates who possess the qualifications and skills outlined in your job description. Filter out applicants who do not meet the basic requirements.
Consider conducting pre-interview assessments or tests to gauge the candidates’ knowledge of the local real estate market, negotiation skills, and interpersonal abilities. This step helps identify promising candidates early in the process.
When interviewing candidates, use a structured approach. Prepare a list of standardized questions related to the role, their past experiences, and their approach to real estate. Ask open-ended questions to encourage candidates to share specific examples of their achievements.
How to Recruit Realtors: Onboarding and Training
Once you’ve selected the ideal candidates, it’s crucial to provide them with the necessary onboarding and training to ensure they integrate seamlessly into your team.
Create an orientation program that introduces new realtors to your agency’s culture, values, and processes. Use active voice in your communication to convey your enthusiasm about having them on board.
Mentorship and Shadowing
Pair new realtors with experienced mentors within your agency. This hands-on approach allows them to learn from the best and gain practical insights into the real estate business.
Offer ongoing training opportunities to keep your realtors updated with the latest industry trends and tools. Emphasize the importance of professional development and growth.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Recruiting realtors is just the beginning. To ensure that they continue to work and produce results, it’s essential to monitor their performance and provide feedback.
Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for your realtors, such as the number of closed deals, client satisfaction, and revenue generated. Regularly review these metrics to assess their performance.
Conduct regular performance reviews and provide constructive feedback. Use active voice to express appreciation for their contributions and suggest areas for improvement.
Recognition and Rewards
Recognize and reward top-performing realtors to motivate them to maintain their high level of productivity. Acknowledge their achievements through awards, bonuses, or other incentives.
Retaining top talent is just as crucial as recruiting them. Implement effective strategies to keep your realtors satisfied and committed to your agency.
Career Growth Opportunities
Promote a clear path for career growth within your agency. Use active voice to convey the potential for advancement and the benefits of staying with your organization.
Offer competitive compensation packages that include a base salary, commission, and performance-based bonuses. Make sure your realtors know that their hard work is duly rewarded.
Emphasize the importance of work-life balance and provide flexibility when possible. A healthy work environment contributes to job satisfaction and long-term commitment.
Learn How to Recruit Realtors & Make it Count
Recruiting realtors that work and produce is a multifaceted process that requires careful planning, effective communication, and ongoing support. Crafting compelling job descriptions, promoting job openings, screening candidates, and providing the right training and incentives are essential steps in building a successful real estate team.
Remember that recruitment is an ongoing process, and retaining top talent is just as important as finding them. By following the strategies outlined in this guide and optimizing your recruitment efforts for SEO, you can attract and retain the best realtors to drive your agency’s success.