Everyone wants their name to be associated with the “It-Team” in their local real estate market. But how do you become the go-to team everyone wants to work for? Coach Brad Baldwin breaks down successful real estate talent recruitment into the two key criteria:
1- What does the team look like for the next ten years?
Stop thinking small. You likely got into real estate expecting to be in it for the long-term, so why plan for the next one, three, or five years? Plan for the whole future. Think ten years ahead. Have a real long-term vision for where the real estate team should go. It’s not a pipe dream but a road map.
To bring in the 10, 15, and 20M producers, you need to think big. These people like to know the plans for their future and yours. You’ll be pitching these prospects on the big picture and your vision.
Take the long-term dream and draw the organizational chart for what your team will look like in ten years. Find the job descriptions for those roles. Hire with an eye on the future and not the now.
2- Have a value proposition
Just like buyers have their choice of hundreds of real estate agents, so do prospective hirees have of real estate teams. They have dozens of teams they can choose to join, so why select yours?
It boils down to what makes you special and what you plan to offer no one else does. Maybe it’s education, or a work-life balance, or a high volume of leads. Whatever it is, these values will help you attract the people looking to share in those values.
Recruiting for real estate
Recruiting people to your team really is not different from recruiting buyers or sellers to your business. They’re looking at “why should I work with you? Are we the right fit for each other?”
Think about what it’s going to take to win over the right prospects. In building the right time, you’ll build the life you deserve and make the vision reality.
Products To Help You Hire
Other Posts You Might Find Useful
- New NAR Compliant Real Estate Commission Script – PDF Download
- How to Recruit Realtors That Will Actually Work & Produce!
- Real Estate Marketing Ideas for Realtors Using Market Data
- How to Train Real Estate Agents After a Holiday Vacation Break
- How to Coach a Real Estate Agent to Contact People
- How to Manage Real Estate Virtual Assistants & Measuring Remote Worker Productivity
- Realtor Open House Scripts – When Homes Sell Too Fast
- A Look Back at 2023 US Residential Home Sales Graph
- Life Balance for Realtors
- Create Custom Training Courses with Your Own Real Estate Learning Management System
- How to Keep Real Estate Agents Productive During the Holidays
- Launch Your Real Estate Training Program in 2024
- The Top 20 Holiday Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Agents
- Earn Certifications & Degree Designations with Our Customized Real Estate Training Program
- Real Estate Business Plan Template for the New Year
- Custom Real Estate Training with Accountability Tracking and Reporting Built-In
- Home Buyer Script – Why the Price You Pay Doesn’t Matter!
- Bring In-Person Real Estate Training Back to Your Office
- Realtor Scripts for Sellers Waiting to List
- Specially Made Branded Real Estate Training Platform: The Custom Training Suite